Zinc Guard™ Cold Galvanising Coating
For a high build zinc coating that goes on like silk
Formulated as a cold galvanising aerosol spray, this zinc-rich, heavy duty metal primer is the ultimate in metal protection for iron and steel surfaces.
- Contains 91% zinc in dry film
- Zinc rich coating provides long term protection to metal surfaces
- Prevents corrosion and rust creepage on metal surfaces
- A heavy duty primer ideal for protecting welds and repairing galvanised iron
- The aerosol formulation produces a high build film that goes on smoothly to deliver an even matt finish
- Stand-alone coating (matt finish) or as a primer for top coating finishes
- A cost effective coating for preventative maintenance and repair on galvanised parts
Zinc Guard™ Cold Galvanising Coating is essential for use in protecting surfaces around
- Highly corrosive industrial environments
- Agricultural equipment
- Coastal areas exposed to salty air
- Recently welded surfaces and repaired metal
- Structural steel, trailers, guard rails, fencing, welded metal, gutters
- Net weight – 400gm
- Packaged as – 12 cans per carton
- 91% Zinc in dry film
- Will cover approximately 2m² per can
- Toluene Free
- Lead Free
Preparation: Surface should be clean, dry, and free from contaminants such as rust, oil, grease, dirt and salt. Welds should be ground back to clean white metal. Thoroughly sand new metal and lightly sand previously painted surfaces to ensure maximum adhesion. Remove loose rust and flaking paint with a wire brush, scraper or mechanical sander.
Application: Before spraying, cover surrounded areas to protect from overspray. Shake can for at least 45 seconds after the mixing ball begins to rattle. Shake can occasionally during use. Hold can upright approximately 20-25cm from the surface. Spray with a smooth sweeping motion. To prevent paint from sagging, apply several light mist coasts rather than one heavy coat.
Handy Tip: For best results always remove rust back to bare metal.
Handy Tip: Ideal application temperature is between 10˚C and 40˚C. Avoid using in windy conditions.
Handy Tip: Prevent blocking by holding the can upside down and spraying until only clear gas escapes. Also wipe spray tip of nozzle clean.