Engineers Layout Ink (LOS)
Plan, design and draw with confidence
Commonly known as layout stain, marking blue or Prussian blue, Dy-Mark Engineer’s Layout Ink (LOS) is a dye used in metalworking to mark out metal parts for machining or pre-manufacturing. Applied as a very thin layer of dye onto hard surfaces like metal or glass, it can be etched with a scriber or other sharp instrument to reveal a narrow line in the metal underneath.
- Ideal for marking hard surfaces like metal or glass
- Fast dry time and thin build prevents chipping and cracking during scribing
- Allows for very precise and narrow lines to be marked using a scriber
- Ideal for detailed marking out before machining, tool cutting or die making
- Easily removed with methylated spirits
- Ink colours provide a good contrast to the surface being scribed
Useful by a range of light, commercial and heavy industrial workshops carrying out
- Tool and die making
- Pattern makers
- Sheet metal workers
- Maintenance mechanics
Application: Apply with a soft brush or lint free cloth and spread evenly over surface. Allow to dry and scribe with a sharp tool
Handy Tip: Remove using methylated spirits.